Oh So Sweet - At last the paint goes on!
Ahhh the sweet smell of the final 2 Pak being applied!
After almost 2 months of sanding, grinding, welding and preparations, we are now getting the final coats of paint onto our - as yet unnamed - 72 Lowlight.
I snuck these photos out of the workshop once the guys had finished for the day....
We are even getting stuck into the fibreglass poptop, which had a few cracks and a busted hatch. Next week it's off to the upholsterer for new poptop canvas, door cards, and headlining down to the window line.
If you ever wondered why some Kombis cost wellllll over $20,000 this is the reason why.
Join our Facebook Page to receive exclusive updates & discounts!
Recent blog posts
- Betty Blue
- Black Betty... No Wait! How about Betty Blue?
- The Eagle has landed - VW Kombi 72 Lowlight
- Harold, the VW Kombi Microbus
- Oh So Sweet - At last the paint goes on!
- 72 VW Lowlight Kombi Camper project
- 72 VW Lowlight Kombi Camper - Starting to take Shape
- 72 Lowlight Bus - The Before Photos
- New Premises for VW Kombi Restorations!
- Australia Post is getting in on the act - VW Kombi Stamps!