Oh So Sweet - At last the paint goes on!
Ahhh the sweet smell of the final 2 Pak being applied!
After almost 2 months of sanding, grinding, welding and preparations, we are now getting the final coats of paint onto our - as yet unnamed - 72 Lowlight.
I snuck these photos out of the workshop once the guys had finished for the day....
We are even getting stuck into the fibreglass poptop, which had a few cracks and a busted hatch. Next week it's off to the upholsterer for new poptop canvas, door cards, and headlining down to the window line.
If you ever wondered why some Kombis cost wellllll over $20,000 this is the reason why.
Join our Facebook Page to receive exclusive updates & discounts!
Recent blog posts
- Sunny - 1975 VW Kombi Microbus by Righteous Kombis
- How much is a Kombi Worth? The value of a pre-purchase inspection.
- How do I Turn a 2 Seater VW Kombi into a 5 Seater
- Transforming a beatup 1974 VW Microbus into Ariel, the turquoise mermaid
- Restoring a 1972 Deluxe VW Kombi Microbus - Sprout
- How to Restore an 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight - Earl
- A Day on the Green with Orange Crush
- Do VW Kombis really catch fire and why?
- Orange Crush - A 79 Camper restoration
- Ruby - The 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight