A Day on the Green with Orange Crush
All good things come to those who wait! It's been a 3 month long process, but today we put the finishing touches on Orange Crush. The devil is always in the detail, and this little charmer was no exception. Our original brief was to remove any rust, freshen up the faded orange paint job, and fit some new front seats with a new rock n roll bed - Easy!
We ended up removing the poptop and making serious repairs to the roofline, which of course led us to reupholster the poptop canvas and new headlining throughout the Kombi. I should give a big thankyou to Newcastle Custom Trim, who came up with the goods yet again. Along with the new seats and a beech floating floor, the look is now complete.
In addition to the paint and interior refit, we've added a dual battery setup with input for a solar panel so she will never run out of fizz. We have also fitted some nice slim line LED interior lights to ensure there is plenty of light along the interior of the Kombi.
We have added some new sliding windows to improve the ventilation, and fitted all new door cards to match the colour of the seats - nothing over the top, but clean and elegant. Brand new seatbelts have been fitted in the back, along with the all important shoulder lifters that help the belts clear the rear seat back. This is an Australian Design Rule (ADR) rock n roll bed, that is rock solid and complies with current requirements for carrying 5 passengers - in style.
Even the bull bar was removed, blasted and resprayed, along with the rims that were finished in a simple gunmetal grey. All new window rubbers and fittings combine to make this one of the sexiest VW Kombis we have done yet. Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to give the owners a big wave when you see them cruising down the street.
Join our Facebook Page to receive exclusive updates & discounts!
Recent blog posts
- Sunny - 1975 VW Kombi Microbus by Righteous Kombis
- How much is a Kombi Worth? The value of a pre-purchase inspection.
- How do I Turn a 2 Seater VW Kombi into a 5 Seater
- Transforming a beatup 1974 VW Microbus into Ariel, the turquoise mermaid
- Restoring a 1972 Deluxe VW Kombi Microbus - Sprout
- How to Restore an 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight - Earl
- A Day on the Green with Orange Crush
- Do VW Kombis really catch fire and why?
- Orange Crush - A 79 Camper restoration
- Ruby - The 1971 Ex Army VW Kombi Lowlight